Wednesday, June 8, 2011

All Mediation Is

It's conscious breathing. That's it. But with a catch, which is "don't think". Or rather, don't chase thoughts. We spend a lot of our mat time not breathing and letting our minds wander, distracting us from the task at hand - anchoring to the present. Being present.

I am the world's worst meditator. Truly. I've never met a thought I wouldn't chase down like a puppy after a squirrel, but even I can breath consciously  - though maybe not for long.

The following vid presents a simply approach for the beginner that, although a bit silly, is completely accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate your views. Spam will be deleted without question and if you're having a bad .. day, year, life ... rethink b/c I am only just so "yoga" about snark for it's own sake.